We are looking for an outstanding synthetic chemist to join the Scale-up Laboratory as a Researcher in Process Chemistry.
This new position offer a fantastic opportunity to be part of a great team at Eurofins Villapharma (Murcia, Spain) and make important contributions to develop new chemical entities for drug discovery.
As an Organic Chemist you will conduct complex organic synthesis for the development, optimisation and scale-up of small molecules. Route Design is a key component of Process Chemistry R&D. The area of Process Chemistry R&D is fully integrated and encompasses Route Scouting, Process Optimization, and Scale Up until several hundred grams of novel molecules for pre-clinical studies.
• Carry out organic synthesis to develop and optimise processes of target molecules.
• Conduct multi-step synthesis and laboratory scale up to several hundred grams (non-GMP)
• Work collaboratively with other departments.
• Prepare and review reports and other technical documentation.
• Communicates project needs to Management, Quality Assurance, & Quality Control.
• Provides input during research and development on best practices and scalable equipment and procedures. Collaborates with junior and senior chemists to interpret data and write reports about the results.
• Work with Team Leader and Management to develop, maintain, improve, and coordinate the function of teams, personnel and systems.
• Collaborate with Team Leader, Management, and Business Development to determine new project safety, scope, and cost.
• Skilled in searching & handling literature for R&D information.
• Prepare written project updates and reports for clients.
• Good planningt skills and ability to meet deadlines.
• Understanding of key performance indicators (KPIs), standard operating procedures (SOPs), and systems applicable to work performed.
- Excellent synthetic organic chemistry knowledge and demonstrated experience in the synthesis of complex organic molecules.
- Experience in operating multigram scale processing equipment.
- Understanding of multigram scale processing techniques.
- Ability to evaluate safety risks and reactivity concerns in multigram scale multistep organic synthesis. Follow corresponding SOPs.
- Communicate effectively, provide support, in a team setting.
- Proficient in a variety of analytical techniques used for analysis of organic molecules.
- Highly skilled in data interpretation of analysis of organic molecules.
- Must be highly detail-oriented and organized, able to work both independently and as a team player with a positive attitude.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, critical thinking, and organizational skills.
- Effectively communicate with peers and interdepartmental colleagues.
- Demonstrate consideration and safe behaviors in the laboratory.
- Demonstrate accountability, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Ensure that projects are completed in a timely manner.
- Develop time management strategies to ensure work is performed within required timelines.
- Participate in technical discussions with supervisor and peers.
- Proficient in electronic communication and internet-based data searching.
Our preferred candidate has the following personal and professional attributes:
- You have a PhD in synthetic organic chemistry, potentially supplemented by postdoctoral studies.
- You have a proven track record in planning, developing, and enabling multistep organic syntheses in multigram scale.
- You are innovative, thorough, and can envision and execute successful synthetic chemistry strategies.
- You thrive in a team environment of shared goals and responsibilities.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to develop, implement, and clearly communicate chemistry strategies to team, management, and collaborators in Spanish and English.
- Immediate incorporation.
- Multinational environment with strong growth.
- Good working environment.
- Dynamic and young team.
- Career plan.
- Remuneration negotiable depending on experience.