Lead Scientist, Chemical Development - Indivior
Indivior is a global specialty pharmaceutical company with a 20-year legacy of leadership in revolutionising modern addiction treatment.
Indivior is dedicated to transforming addiction from a global human crisis to a recognised and treated chronic disease. Indivior radiates its patient-oriented, holistic focus on expanding access to quality treatment for addiction worldwide. We have a strong pipeline of products and candidates designed to both expand on its heritage in global opioid dependence and address other chronic diseases of addiction – including opioid use disorder (OUD), alcohol use disorder (AUD) and cannabis related disorders.
Indivior is seeking a senior synthetic organic chemist to join the Chemical Development function of the Indivior R&D team to support the development of new compounds in the field of addiction treatment. The overarching goal of our work is to establish the fundamental knowledge needed to supply drug substance throughout pre-clinical and clinical development and the transitions of programmes to key regulatory filings and commercial manufacture. The chemical development team operates a semi-virtual model collaborating with an extensive network of 3rd party partners. Our goal is to create an environment where everyone can contribute their best work, do their best science and to develop their skills and knowledge.
As a senior member of the team, you will lead chemical development activities on the project assigned to you. Ensuring all aspects of the development, including the chemical synthesis and solid-state physical properties are effectively managed with any issues highlighted to stakeholders in a timely manner.
· Collaborate closely with 3rd party partners and internal stakeholders such as Analytical Development, Formulation Development, Project Management, and Regulatory Affairs.
· Be accountable for designing, developing and studying routes to complex molecules including carrying out chemical synthesis experimentation and research.
· Manage and provide scientific problem solving.
· Author, review and support the chemistry, manufacturing and controls (CMC) section of regulatory documentation to ensure generation of high-quality Module 3 drug substance sections of IMPD, IND, submission documents.
· Demonstrate scientific excellence and ultimately disseminate results through scientific publications and presentations.
· Proactively contribute to the continuous improvement of the chemical development function with respect to new technologies and processes.
· Manage, supervise or coach team members as required.
Education: A degree in chemistry.MMINIMUM
Field of Study: Synthetic Organic Chemistry
Experience: For an applicant with a PhD, 5 years’ experience working in the pharmaceutical industry, preferably for an innovator company. Otherwise, 10+ years’ experience.
Travel: Limited UK and European
· Excellent synthetic chemistry knowledge, both theoretical and practical is essential.
· A proven track record of development and implementation of synthetic routes to complex target molecules is essential.
· An understanding of the requirements for safe and effective scale up of chemical processes.
· An understanding of the importance of physical properties in drug substance development.
· Knowledge of pilot plant operation and cGMP manufacturing.
· Knowledge of regulatory requirements and document submission.
· A proven track record of scientific publications in the field of Chemical Development.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: A PhD in synthetic organic chemistry would be beneficial.
· Flexible working: core hours are 10am-3pm, as well as a flexible Friday programme, subject to completion of contractual hours.
· Paid Volunteer Time Off
· 10% company pension contribution
· EAP service including Legal, Health and Wellbeing support
· Optional Health Insurance with BUPA
· Company Death in Service and Payment Protection Insurance
· Access to platform for discounts on such as gym membership, shopping, holidays
Indivior is committed to providing a foundation for each employee’s success and growth. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all.
Please forward on any applications to Susan Jeffery – Talent Acquisition Manager, UK/EU at [email protected]
|Salary:||Price On Application|
|Location:||Hull, Priory Park|
Have a vacancy that you would like to list?
If you have a vacancy for chemists in the organic process R&D and related industries, please submit your job by completing the on-line form here.
Are you sure you wish to delete this listing?