Since 2003, Vapourtec has been the leading manufacturer of world-class flow chemistry equipment. Through, flow chemistry equipment, the team at Vapourtec have helped revolutionise the way many scientists deliver the research, chemicals and products we all rely on. Manufactured at headquarters in Suffolk, United Kingdom, the modular R-Series flow chemistry system is trusted by academics, chemists, and manufacturers around the world. Vapourtec has grown extensively through the quality of products, numerous citations and excellent distributor network and now wish to complement these efforts and drive further ambitious global growth with expansion of the Service team
This exciting new opportunity involves the installation/commissioning and maintenance/repair of our in-house manufactured flow chemistry equipment.
The role involves installations and occasional service support in Europe/USA/Far East. Vapourtec Ltd is the global leader in the design, manufacture and support of laboratory scale flow chemistry systems.
· You will undertake the qualification of the companies flow chemistry systems during your time at the office.
· Perform maintenance and upgrade services on-site in laboratories and at factory
· Discussing applications and gathering information from customers experiences
· Ensure customer satisfaction by advising customers on preventative maintenance and repair.
· Technical support to customers by phone and email.
· Creation of technical bulletins and guides
Key Skills and qualifications:
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in a laboratory service or installation role
· NVQ Level 3 or Higher Diploma/Degree in engineering or chemical engineering
· Good logical troubleshooting techniques.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· You enjoy travelling and visiting customers.
· Able to work with minimal supervision after training.
· Ability and desire to travel internationally
· Experience within a scientific industry and working in a laboratory environment.
· Electro-Mechanical experience
· Experience in working overseas
· 40 hrs per week
· Salary in the range £40,000 to £50,000 depending on experience
· 25 days annual holiday + bank holidays
· Company pension
· Expenses paid travel and subsistence
· Laptop and phone provided
You must hold a full UK driving license. Pension enrolment after qualification period.
The HQ and offices are based in modern facilities in parkland close to the town of Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk and within commuting distance of Norwich, Ipswich, Cambridge and surrounding areas.