Advisor - Process Chemistry (Synthetic Molecule Design and Development) - Eli Lilly and Company
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Synthetic Molecule Design and Development (SMDD) has an exciting opportunity for an organic chemist to join our interdisciplinary team of analytical chemists, engineers, pharmaceutical scientists, and process chemists!
You will help deliver innovative technical solutions, enabling deeper understanding of processes and products across our diverse portfolio.
Ideal candidates for this position will:
- Possess a deep technical expertise and training in modern synthetic chemistry and use this knowledge to challenge the status quo and drive solutions to the most important scientific problems, in a fast-paced environment.
- Have a demonstrated track record of novel contributions to chemical design and mechanism-based problem solving as part of project driven goals such as synthesis of complex molecules and/or methodology development.
Within SMDD, process chemistry is crucial to establishing a robust and sustainable supply chain of the synthetic active ingredients that make up Lilly’s portfolio. We seek to use the best technologies to solve problems, and we endeavor to continuously improve the way we develop and manufacture therapeutic molecules.
Are you a creative and innovative organic chemist? Are you interested in developing and commercializing small molecule, oligonucleotide, and peptide clinical therapeutics? If yes, this can be the right position for you!
- Establish a productive laboratory program by personally conducting and managing internal and external research plans.
- Thrive at the interface between disciplines and be able to quickly move from one scientific challenge to another while navigating ambiguity.
- Embrace and celebrate diversity by using a relevant but unique background and set of experiences to contribute new ideas and thoughts to deliver solutions for a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong communication (oral, written), organizational, and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate learning agility across modalities (small molecule, peptide, and oligonucleotide). Develop new synthetic routes using modern technologies, including continuous processing, automated reaction screening, and computational chemistry.
- Help drive and develop the commercial manufacturing strategy and collaborate with manufacturing partners to deliver robust chemical processes that are ultimately suitable for large-scale manufacturing.
- Engage externally through presentations and publications. Identify, partner, and develop chemistry innovations to complement existing capabilities and areas of focus and incorporate these innovations across the portfolio of assets.
- PhD in organic chemistry
- Use of strong interpersonal skills for collaboration
- Demonstrated self-initiative and appropriate risk-taking
- Ability to learn and apply technical knowledge to meet changing project needs
- Ability to prioritize multiple activities and handle ambiguity
- Potential exposure to chemicals, allergens, and loud noises
- Travel: 0 to 10%
- Position Location: Indianapolis, IN; Lilly Technology Center-North (LTC-N)
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( [email protected] ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.
|Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America
Have a vacancy that you would like to list?
If you have a vacancy for chemists in the organic process R&D and related industries, please submit your job by completing the on-line form here.
Are you sure you wish to delete this listing?