This privacy statement explains how Scientific Update Ltd uses and protects any information that you provide when you contact us, both electronically and by other means. Scientific Update Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy. If we request certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
This policy is effective from 28th February 2018 and we may update this policy as needed (Last updated 1st August 2023). You should therefore check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
We may collect some or all of the following information:
- name, job title and affiliation
- contact information, including business address, email address and telephone numbers
- high-level information, including postcode preferences & interest
- dietary preferences, this is event specific and not retained on completion of the event
- IP address during online payment process, this is to deter fraud
What we do not collect:
We do not collect or store the following information:
- payment card information – we use a 3rd party (WorldPay) for secure payments and have no access to this information. They have their own privacy and data protection statements which you can view on their website: worldpay.com
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information firstly to contact you and respond to enquiries with the intent of providing high-level event management service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Registration to attend training courses, webinars and conferences
- With an aim to improving our existing services
- To contact you regarding new services or offerings which may be of interest
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, digital, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect both electronically and by other means. Our data is stored on a virtual windows server in a secure UK datacentre, managed by ATB Limited. This is protected by a watchguard firewall and backups are encrypted and stored in the same datacentre but on a different server to protect the data.
Fortis Hosting Limited – http://fortishosting.net
We are PCI DSS compliant (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard).
Our website exists to provide information, downloads, and payment facilities for the events we organise. We use:
- Google Analytics – to analyse website traffic,
- WorldPay – online shopping cart
- MailChimp and Active Campaign – to send e-mails
- Active Campaign – our CRM system
- EventsForce –our on-line event booking system
- Fortis Hosting – for Computer support, file storage and backup, e-mail security and website protection
- CoullWeb – for website development and hosting
Links to other websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. Once you have used a link to leave our site you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a registration form on the website, look for the ‘Opt-In’ question that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information provided to be used by us occasionally to promote future events. (Please note that if you select ‘no’ this will supersede any previous permission and remove you from all contact lists.)
- If you have previously agreed to us retaining your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at the addresses below. You can update your preferences at any time using the link at the bottom of the e-mails received.
- During the registration process, you are asked to indicate if you wish your e-mail address to be omitted from the printed delegate list which is handed to each attendee at an event. Delegate lists are not circulated electronically, and are only handed to those attending the event for which they have registered.
- We will not distribute your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- We may use your personal information occasionally to send you promotional information about forthcoming events or news which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please e-mail us at:
[email protected] or write to:
Scientific Update Ltd,
Basepoint Enterprise Centre,
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.