Senior scientist homogeneous catalysis - InnoSyn B.V.
VACANCY: Senior scientist homogeneous catalysis at InnoSyn B.V. (Geleen, The Netherlands)
InnoSyn is an SME that primarily focuses on R&D towards the development of chemical production processes for third parties of which many are using bio- and/or chemocatalysis. InnoSyn currently has approximately 60 employees and is located at the Brightlands Chemelot Campus in Geleen, The Netherlands. The company has a new pilot plant at its disposal. Although the company was only recently founded (May 2017), it has a long and impressive track record in the area of development and implementation of industrial manufacturing processes that was built up over more than 40 years during the time that InnoSyn was part of the large multinational company DSM.
Within InnoSyn, low-cost and environmentally friendly manufacturing processes are developed for customers that are active in a broad range of fields like pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, dyes, flavor and fragrances, monomers for high performance materials and products based on renewable raw materials. In order to perform the various projects, InnoSyn is looking for a senior scientist in the field of homogeneous catalysis with a track record in asymmetric hydrogenation, experience with catalyst screening and optimization by means of high throughput experimentation and analysis, and who is able to guide and inspire colleagues to achieve scientific excellence.
What we offer
A challenging, exciting job with many opportunities in a dynamic environment. You will interact with leading scientists on various topics such as (industrial) organic chemistry, chemocatalysis, biocatalysis and process intensification. The working atmosphere is open and stimulating and the remuneration package is competitive.
The vacancy is open for EU residents only.
What we ask
· You have a PhD degree in homogeneous catalysis and at least 8 years of industrial experience.
· You have a track record in asymmetric hydrogenation. You keep being well-informed of relevant literature and maintain a high level of expertise in the field.
· You are a role model for scientific excellence.
· Hands-on experience with high throughput experimentation is a plus, affinity with it is a must.
· You are a natural leader, able to guide and inspire colleagues and you are capable of building bridges to bring people together.
· You have strong communication skills: you effectively communicate within the team and deliver sound project updates to our customers and senior management.
· You are motivated and eager to learn, have a strong drive to succeed and are willing to go the extra mile.
· You have good experimental skills (including working with air- and moisture-sensitive materials in glovebox and Schlenk techniques, analytical techniques such as GC/HPLC, NMR) and are motivated to translate chemical concepts into practical and scalable solutions.
· You have a conscious safety attitude.
|Salary:||€0 to €100,000|
|Location:||Geleen, The Netherlands|
Have a vacancy that you would like to list?
If you have a vacancy for chemists in the organic process R&D and related industries, please submit your job by completing the on-line form here.
Are you sure you wish to delete this listing?