50th Organic Process Research and Development Conference
The Leading Process Chemistry Conference!
Date: 02 October - 04 October 2023
Time: 2.00pm Central Europe - 5.30pm
Location: Barcelona, Spain
We are so delighted to bring our 50th OPRD Conference to Barcelona
Join us in this fantastic location and you will enjoy hearing cutting edge Scientific Content alongside our renowned Networking Receptions. You will have the chance to connect with other like-minded chemists and benefit from Questions & Answer sessions and scientific discussion after each presentation.
Whether you are looking to learn about the latest scientific updates from industry or to meet and network with other chemists – our OPR&D Conference is the place to be.
Take advantage of our global network and extensive reach.
We invite key industrial experts from around the globe to share their discoveries with you. Each speaker is hand-picked and we work hard to ensure that a wide variety of topics are covered to ensure our programme is comprehensive and relevant. You will be re-invigorated and boosted once back in the lab.
Come and improve your efficiency and learn how to be more innovative in your synthetic route design, development and optimisation.
The chemical and pharma industries are fast moving and ever changing and the efficient conversion of a chemical process into a process for manufacture on tonnage scale has always been of importance. However, in the current economic and regulatory climate, it has become increasingly vital and challenging to do so efficiently and sustainably. OPR&D focusses on all these essential aspects of the chemical industry and has a reputation for quality and excellence.
We provide a safe, comfortable environment where you can meet new partners face-to-face, network with peers, and source innovative solutions in our exhibition area.
Please contact us if you are interested in Exhibiting or Sponsoring this event: [email protected]
We still have sponsorship opportunities available at the conference, your company logo with link to your website would appear here and for premium sponsorship such as networking and reception, adjacent to the conference pages as well.
See our sponsorship section on the advantages that sponsorship can bring to your business.
Benefits & Keeping you Safe at the Event
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Process Research & Development Chemists
- Chemical Engineers in Industry
- Heads of Departments & Team Leaders
HOW WILL YOU BENEFIT FROM ATTENDING?
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD ) keeps you up to date on current and emerging developments.
- Learn from a wide range of industrial case studies given by hand-picked industrial speakers.
- Take home relevant ideas and information that are directly applicable to your own work
- Save time. Our intensive, commercial-free programme means less time away from work.
- Network with the key people in the industry during the networking events
KEEPING YOU SAFE
As we continue to move forward with hosting our events in-person in 2022, we have added a series of Health & Safety guidelines and precautions in order to prepare for event safety, we ask that all our delegates read and adhere to the following:
Before the event, we ask you to…
- Adhere to the travel restrictions and guidance from both your home and destination countries – please refer to your government guidelines
- Evaluate your own health and that of those you are in close contact with.
Do not attend if you…
- Are showing symptoms or signs of sickness or have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive of COVID-19 within 10 days of the event date.
- Have tested positive of COVID-19 within the last 10 days from the start of the event date.
On Site Health & Safety Measures….
- Requiring attendees and exhibitors to follow the guidance of the WHO for everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses
- We suggest a “No Handshake” policy during the event
- We will provide sanitisers for use throughout the event and ensure the venue has plenty of cloakroom facilities.
- Although is it no longer mandatory, there will be PPE available for those who decide wear a mask and we ask you respect each other’s choice to do so.
It is preferable that all attendees are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 when attending our events, however we understand that personal circumstances may mean that this is not always feasible. If you have any concerns please contact us at [email protected].
Scientific Update Ltd cannot fully eliminate all risks or guarantee your safety – especially risks posed by COVID-19 or its variant strains – but ultimately we do ask all our delegates to read and adhere to our procedures before and during the event. We will closely monitor the official guidance from health authorities, local governments, and the World Health Organisation (https://www.who.int/) and update our guidelines accordingly.
Barcelona Open Bus Tour - Sponsored by Scientific Update
To celebrate our 50th OPRD Conference, we would like to invite all attendees to be our guest on an open bus tour of Barcelona. Come and enjoy this fun afternoon visiting the famous sites of Barcelona, with a stop along the way for a drink and some tapas. Please confirm if you would like to attend during your registration or email Vicky: [email protected]
Tuesday 3rd October 2023
15:00 Departure from Novotel Barcelona City
17:30 Drink + Tapas stop
18:40 Departure for Novotel Barcelona City
19:00 Arrival to hotel
Depending on numbers, places maybe limited so register your interest as soon as you can.
We have several sponsorship opportunities still available for this conference. These include networking and reception sponsorship.
Your company logo with link to your website would appear here and for premium sponsorship such as networking and reception, adjacent to the conference pages as well.
If you are interested in sponsoring this conference, please contact Dr Claire Francis: [email protected]
A fantastic conference on process development which highlights the differences & similarities across the industry.
The presentations were of very high quality from top industrial scientists. The format and organisation of the conference made it a great networking opportunity.
It was a pleasure presenting in the OPRD conference together with many top quality speakers.
Scientific Update is always at the very heart of actual and future trends in process research and development.
A great event, scientific excellence and fantastic networking opportunities. Undeniably the leading process chemistry conference in Europe.