Organic Process Research and Development
The Leading Process Chemistry Conference!
Date: 21 September - 23 September 2022
Time: 2.00pm Central Europe - 5.30pm
Location: Basel, Switzerland
We are so delighted to finally be able to bring our flagship OPRD Conference to Basel after two years of postponements.
DO YOU WANT TO IMPROVE EFFICIENCY AND INNOVATION IN YOUR SYNTHETIC ROUTE DESIGN, DEVELOPMENT AND OPTIMISATION?
The efficient conversion of a chemical process into a process for manufacture on tonnage scale has always been of importance in the chemical and pharmaceutical industries. However, in the current economic and regulatory climate, it has become increasingly vital and challenging to do so efficiently.
At Organic Process Research & Development Conference, you will hear detailed presentations and case studies from top international chemists. Our hand-picked programme of speakers has been put together specifically for an industrial audience. They will discuss the latest issues relating to synthetic route design, development and optimisation in the pharmaceutical, fine chemical and allied fields.
Unlike other conferences, practically all our speakers are experts from industry, which means the ideas and information you take home will be directly applicable to your own work.
Please contact us if you are interested in Exhibiting or Sponsoring this event: [email protected]
We still have other sponsorship opportunities available at the conference, your company logo with link to your website would appear here and for premium sponsorship such as networking and reception, adjacent to the conference pages as well.
See our sponsorship section on the advantages that sponsorship can bring to your business.
Benefits & Keeping you Safe at the Event
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Process Research & Development Chemists
- Chemical Engineers in Industry
- Heads of Departments & Team Leaders
HOW WILL YOU BENEFIT FROM ATTENDING?
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD ) keeps you up to date on current and emerging developments.
- Learn from a wide range of industrial case studies given by hand-picked industrial speakers.
- Take home relevant ideas and information that are directly applicable to your own work
- Save time. Our intensive, commercial-free programme means less time away from work.
- Network with the key people in the industry during the networking events
KEEPING YOU SAFE
As we continue to move forward with hosting our events in-person in 2022, we have added a series of Health & Safety guidelines and precautions in order to prepare for event safety, we ask that all our delegates read and adhere to the following:
Before the event, we ask you to…
- Adhere to the travel restrictions and guidance from both your home and destination countries – please refer to your government guidelines
- Evaluate your own health and that of those you are in close contact with.
Do not attend if you…
- Are showing symptoms or signs of sickness or have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive of COVID-19 within 10 days of the event date.
- Have tested positive of COVID-19 within the last 10 days from the start of the event date.
On Site Health & Safety Measures….
- Requiring attendees and exhibitors to follow the guidance of the WHO for everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses
- We suggest a “No Handshake” policy during the event
- We will provide sanitisers for use throughout the event and ensure the venue has plenty of cloakroom facilities.
- Although is it no longer mandatory, there will be PPE available for those who decide wear a mask and we ask you respect each other’s choice to do so.
It is preferable that all attendees are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 when attending our events, however we understand that personal circumstances may mean that this is not always feasible. If you have any concerns please contact us at [email protected].
Scientific Update Ltd cannot fully eliminate all risks or guarantee your safety – especially risks posed by COVID-19 or its variant strains – but ultimately we do ask all our delegates to read and adhere to our procedures before and during the event. We will closely monitor the official guidance from health authorities, local governments, and the World Health Organisation (https://www.who.int/) and update our guidelines accordingly.
Optional Short Course - Organocatalysis
Organocatalysis Short course
Friday 23 September 2022 | 2.00pm – 5.30pm
There is an additional fee of €399.00 to attend the short course, this fee will include refreshments and a course manual.
Over the past decade, the application of small-molecule organic catalysts to solve synthetic problems has gained traction in both industrial and academic settings. This short course will look at a wide and expanding range of catalyst classes and diverse activation modes in combination with increased mechanistic understanding and practical applicability has fuelled their use across many areas of synthesis, including asymmetric catalysis and construction of important chiral molecules and building blocks. Small molecule organic catalysts offer a range of practical advantages over macromolecular (enzyme) or precious metal catalysts, including air and water stability, low cost, availability from renewable resources and relatively low toxicity. Organocatalysis is recognised as an inherently green technology and often has no counterpart in the more established catalysis regimens.
Feeback from 2021 delegates
“Very useful course for chemists who want to learn or to increase their knowledge in organocatalysis.”
We have several sponsorship opportunities still available for this conference. These include networking and reception sponsorship.
Your company logo with link to your website would appear here and for premium sponsorship such as networking and reception, adjacent to the conference pages as well.
If you are interested in sponsoring this conference, please contact Dr Claire Francis: [email protected]
OPRD Online Conference - Leeds University
The OPRD has become one of my favourite conferences, and the virtual version this year has been great. Congratulations to Scientific Update for their great work!
OPRD Online Conference
Scientific Update, as usual……THE BEST!!!!!